How a Healthy Diet Can Boost Your Wellness and Happiness
We all know that food is necessary for survival but did you know that it may also alter how you feel? In reality, research suggests that eating a balanced diet can improve your health and happiness in various ways. In this article, we will look at how eating healthily may improve both your body and mind. We’ll also give you some pointers on how to eat a nutritious diet right for you.
A healthy diet serves to maintain or improve overall health by delivering vital nutrition. Generally, a healthy diet may include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, legumes, healthy fats, and proteins while limiting processed meals and sweetened beverages. Alternatively, with the made accessible option of a healthy diet meal plan such as the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) meal-base to the public, the challenge of getting a proper diet will be lessened.
There are major benefits of practising a healthy diet are that it can improve your well-being and happiness by lowering your risk of chronic diseases including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, improving your mood and mental health, supporting your gut microbiota, increasing your energy levels, and promoting a variety of healthy lifestyle choices. Read on to learn more.
Benefits of Eating a Healthy Diet
- It supports a healthy way of life; it combats fatigue and boosts vitality. Consuming foods high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals can help your body fight oxidative stress and inflammation.
- It aids with digestion and circulation. Fibre aids with bowel control and cholesterol-lowering. Healthy fats boost blood flow while reducing blood pressure.
- It relieves stress. Eating foods strong in tryptophan, magnesium, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and B vitamins can help your brain produce serotonin, dopamine, GABA, and other mood-regulating neurotransmitters.
- It helps to strengthen and nourish the body. Eating foods strong in protein, iron, calcium, vitamin D, and other minerals can boost the performance of your muscles, bones, skin, hair, nails, and immune system.
How Does Traditional Chinese Medicine meals-based help?
What comes to mind when you hear the term Traditional Chinese Medicine? TCM is a medical system that was developed in China over 2000 years ago. The practice entails the idea of preventing or healing disease by preserving or restoring the balance of yin and yang in the body. TCM can take many forms, including herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise, and dietary therapy.
TCM meal based is a term that refers to food choices that are guided by the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine practices. Based on the studies by the experts, all food have different energies and effects on the body’s balance of yin and yang. Cold food such as apples, lettuce, barley and eggs are claimed to calm blood circulation and clear toxins. Meanwhile, warm food that is consisted of lychee, onions, chicken, and sugar can stimulate metabolism and the digestive system.
Generally, you can obtain TCM meal-based from your local caterer if you are aiming to start a wellness & nourishing diet. Some people use TCM meal-based services to get healthy and nourishing meals delivered to their doorstep. These meals are prepared by chefs under the consultation of experienced and reputable TCM doctors. For example, traditional Chinese medicine soup can be a part of a healthy diet if you choose ingredients that suit your needs and preferences. However, it is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment.
One of our Signature TCM Meal-Based Soup
Featuring our Polygonum (He Shou Wu), Chinese Angelica Root (DangGui) 当归, White Peony (Bai Shao) ⽩芍, Pork Rib Soup排⻣汤
We’ll know that pork soup is a flavourful and comforting dish that is enjoyed in many cultures in the world. It typically consists of pork, vegetables, and seasoning and is cooked together in a savoury broth. The TCM-based pork soups usually were cooked together with Polygonum, Chinese Angelica Root and White Peony and when combined with pork ribs, they create a nourishing and flavourful soup known as Pork Rib Soup (排骨汤) in Chinese cuisine.
It is believed that the soup helps to promote blood circulation and nourish the liver and kidneys and improve overall health and vitality. Not only it does gives a lot of medicinal properties but the soup gives a rich and comforting taste and it’s suitable for all consumers!
The benefits according to some sources:
- Polygonum is a herb that believes to have anti-ageing properties, and anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and liver-protective effects. Its main benefit is hair growth and controlling blood sugar and cholesterol level and many more.
- Chinese Angelica Root believes in helping reduce menstrual problems, anaemia, fatigue, inflammation and pain.
- White Peony root believes to have medical properties of nourishing the liver health, calming the liver yang and restraining the yin, and softening the liver. It also serves to reduce menstrual cramps, dizziness, muscle spasms, and anxiety.
To know before consumption
There are no ingredients or meals that fit for all so when consuming the above meal could lead to some possible side effects:
- Polygonum may cause diarrhoea liver damage or allergic reactions in some people. It may also interact with blood thinners antidepressants or hormone medications.
- Chinese Angelica Root may increase bleeding risk sensitivity to sunlight or estrogen levels in some people. It may also interact with blood thinners hormone medications or herbs that affect blood clotting.
- White Peony may lower blood pressure or blood sugar levels in some people. It may also interact with blood pressure medications diabetes medications or herbs that affect blood pressure or blood sugar levels.
- Pork Rib Soup may be high in fat or sodium if not prepared properly. It may also cause allergic reactions in some people who are sensitive to pork or other ingredients.
Overall, these herbs and soup recipes have been used for centuries in Chinese medicine to promote health and wellness. However, it’s important to consult a qualified healthcare practitioner before trying any new herbs or remedies. As the popular idiom says “Let Food be Thy Medicine” which means that the food you’re consuming can have a powerful impact on your health. If you are keen on improving your overall diet, you may contact us for a meal consultation for free. Additionally, our food catering services cover most areas in Singapore so contact us at 83212688 to make your booking today!
FAQs about Healthy Meals Catering and Boosting Wellness and Happiness:
A healthy diet provides essential nutrition and can lower the risk of chronic diseases, improve mood and mental health, support gut health, increase energy levels, and promote healthy lifestyle choices.
TCM meals-based follows the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine to promote balance and harmony in the body. It involves food choices that have different energies and effects on the body’s balance of yin and yang, which can stimulate metabolism, improve digestion, and support overall wellness.
TCM-based soups, like Pork Rib Soup, are believed to promote blood circulation, nourish the liver and kidneys, and improve overall health and vitality. The specific ingredients used, such as Polygonum, Chinese Angelica Root, and White Peony, have additional medicinal properties that may offer anti-aging effects, reduce menstrual problems, fatigue, inflammation, and more.
While TCM ingredients have many benefits, it’s important to be aware of possible side effects. For example, Polygonum may cause diarrhea, liver damage, or allergic reactions in some individuals. Chinese Angelica Root and White Peony may interact with certain medications or have specific effects on blood pressure, blood sugar levels, or blood clotting. Additionally, Pork Rib Soup may be high in fat or sodium if not prepared properly and can cause allergic reactions in individuals sensitive to pork or other ingredients.
You can contact the healthy meals catering service provider to inquire about their offerings and consultation services. In this case, you can reach out at 83212688 for booking and to get a meal consultation for free. The catering services cover most areas in Singapore.